If you’re looking for a sunny beach getaway, a Seychelles islands destination is made to order. Of the many resorts there, the Banyan Tree Seychelles offers an idyllic retreat experience.
The thinking behind the resort is to provide a sanctuary that provides rejuvenation for the body, mind and soul.
Seychelles is a chain of 115 inner and outer islands in the Indian Ocean. Most of the Inner Islands are clustered around the principal islands of Mahé, Praslin and La Digue. In all, there are 43 inner islands, making island hopping a popular activity on Seychelles vacations with excursions that include sanctuaries for rare species of wildlife.
Banyan Tree Seychelles
The Banyan Tree Resort is located on Mahé and has an interesting origin. Back in 1974, George Harrison of the Beatles, and Peter Sellars of Pink Panther fame, loved the climate and location with the towering granite peaks and sandy beaches.
They bought the site to make it their home.
Villas Offer Spectacular Water Views
Today, the Banyan Tree Resort has expanded into a romantic beach destination that offers a number of villas to stay in.
- Hillside Pool Villa: Hillside Pool Villas look out over the Indian Ocean and serene rainforest. Amenities and location are ideal for a romantic getaway. They include a small private pool and veranda.
- Pool Villa By the Rocks: The Pool Villa by the Rocks is surrounded by the ocean and artistically shaped granite boulders. If you love to relax to the sound of the surf, this is the villa for you. Amenities include a private pool.
- Beachfront Spa Pool Villa: These beachfront villas are built along the beach of Independence Bay. These one bedroom villas are luxuriously appointed and include a private pool, a massage pavilion, and an outdoor steam room.
- Intendance Pool Villa: The Intendance Pool Villa offers a touch of classic traditional architecture amid old world charm. These villas are surrounded by lush, tropical greenery, feature a spectacular ocean view and a massage pavilion.
- Two Bedroom Pool Villa: If you’re traveling with your family or another couple, the Two-bedroom Pool Villa features two master bedrooms. These villas are located just a few steps from the beach.
- Presidential Villa: If you long for the ultimate in luxury and privacy the Presidential Villa is hidden within a private cove with panoramic ocean views. It offers the perfect hideaway.
The Banyan Tree Resort offers a number of honeymoon and romantic getaway packages and makes an ideal local for a destination wedding.