Curaco Island offers an idyllic beach destination located in the southern Caribbean Sea off the Venezuelan coast. Here visitors will find golden-sand beaches, hidden coves and an emerald-blue sea; a perfect backdrop to experience worry-free island life.
Sandton Kura Hulanda Hotel and Spa
Visitors to Curacao Island will find island hospitality at the Sandton Kura Hulanda Hotel & Spa. This 80-room luxury boutique is comprised of restored 18th and 19th century Dutch Colonial Caribbean buildings surrounded by courtyards, pools, restaurants, and features a spa and fitness center, too.
Each room is uniquely different and features historic luxury complemented by modern necessities like free wireless Internet, flat screen TVs, mini-fridge, A/C and more. Furnishings include items like hand-carved mahogany and teak, antiques, and one-of-a-kind wall murals created by local artisans.
- Resort Superior Room: Features a double bed or 1 king bed and accommodates 2 people. Superior Rooms offer tile or wood floors, a small sitting area, and a desk and chair along with other upscale amenities.
- Resort Deluxe Room: This room offers 2 queen beds or 1 king. The room includes all the same amenities as the Superior Room and also features marbled bathrooms and a larger sitting area. The room can accommodate a third adult for an extra fee.
- Family Suite: The Family Suite offers large rooms equipped with 2 queen beds or 1 king bed. The suite accommodates 4 people and includes the same upscale amenities for guests to enjoy.
- Spa Loft Suite: Furnished with 1 king bed in an upstairs loft bedroom that overlooks the suite. The extra-large marbled bathroom features a Jacuzzi tub and massage shower. The suite accommodates 2 people.
- Kura Hulanda Suite: The Kura Hulanda Suite also offers either a queen or king bed and most have separate living rooms. Sleeps 2 people.
Things to Do
Curaçao Island is a diving paradise with 40 different dive areas. Aside from beach and water activities, the island also provides an adventure in gastronomy with the open-air Old Market where aromas of grilled chicken, fish, and even goat will stir your appetite.
The historic downtown is also lined with boutiques and street vendors offering everything from designer clothes and Dutch goods, to duty-free diamonds. Whether you want to kick back and relax at the pool, snorkel, shop, or eat, Curacao Island is the setting to do it.