Looking for a relaxing romantic getaway that won’t break the bank? The Mission Inn of Cape May, New Jersey, is just a block from the beach and is known for the three Rs: romantic, relaxing, and rejuvenating, all presented in a “California casual,” yet luxurious atmosphere.
Here guests enjoy the perfect blend of warm hospitality, excellent service and respect for privacy.
8 Unique Accommodations
The Inn features 8 luxurious rooms themed after the Spanish Missions. The warmth of the Inn extends to each room expressed through stylistic touches like faux-painted murals combined with modern amenities like jet-air soaking tubs, swing out flat screen televisions, and gas fireplaces. Each room is uniquely furnished.
This overview gives you a glimpse at what you can expect.
- San Diego de Alcala Room: Includes in-room, two-person jet-air soaking tub, swing out flat screen TV concealed in a stucco gas fireplace enclosure. Cuddle up and watch the fire from the room’s king-size bed or while relaxing in the tub. Design elements include an original 1912 hardwood floor, radiant heated floors in the bathroom.
- Santa Barbara Room: Features three large windows offering plenty of natural light and creating an airy atmosphere. Amenities include a swing out flat screen television and stucco fireplace, both of which can be viewed from the king-size bed and comfy reading chair. Bath features a luxurious two-person spa shower.
- San Juan Capistrano Room: This comfortable room is located just down the hallway from the Great Room on the first floor. It overlooks the colorful patio garden and dolphin fountain. This room is more basic with a standard shower perfect for those of smaller stature, but does include a flat screen TV and fireplace.
- San Buenaventura Room: Has a king-size bed, comfortable reading chair, and wall murals featuring a view of the original San Buenaventura Mission. Amenities include flat screen TV and adobe fireplace, both viewable from bed or chair. Bathroom is equipped with a single person masseur jet air-soaking tub with large shower head perfect for a relaxing soak or refreshing shower.
- San Francisco de Asis Room: This spacious guest room features a curved glass block wall, exposed brick work, and ceiling timbers creating a cathedral ceiling. Bathroom has a luxury spa shower.
- Santa Clara Room: This room welcomes with warm wood floors, mural walls, and colors and design elements of the original mission. It features a king-size bed, fireplace, swing-out TV for easy viewing, and an in-room masseur two person jet-air tub. Bathroom has an oversized shower complete with a shower seat.
- San Luis Rey de Francis Room: Features two large windows overlooking the patio gardens. Other interesting features include a ceiling mural of the partially collapsed original Mission Chapel’s domed ceiling before it was restored. The bathroom shines with a marble-topped vanity, and offers a uniquely designed luxury shower with mosaic tiled walls, ceiling and floor, plus two shower seats. The oversized closet makes this room an ideal choice for extended stays.
- San Juan Bautista Room: This room allows flexibility with a wheeled-frame third bed. Other amenities include swing-out flat screen TV, fireplace, reading chair, and a bathroom equipped with a two-person jet-air soaking tub and a spa shower.
The Mission Inn of Cape May is a perfect choice for couples who appreciate value and enjoy the better things of life. For more information on the Inn, including current prices, check their website.