The Hotel Gargantua is situated on a quaint road in the heart of Old Chinon, France, at the foot of the Chinon castle. It is located in the former Bailwicks Palace dating back to the 15th Century just one kilometer from the Chinon train station and is walking distance to the center of town.
Medieval Accommodations With a Modern Touch
Guests of the Hotel Gargantua enjoy a medieval experience in this 15th century building with features like four poster beds and views of the fortress or river.
While the hotel is centuries old, it is equipped with modern amenities including flat screen TVs and satellite reception, Wi-fi, and en suite bathroom or shower facilities and toilets.
- Badebec Superior Room: Offers view to the Chinon Castle. Rooms sleeps 1 to 3 people. Third person would sleep on a cot.
- Grangousier Superior Room: Features a view to the Chinon Castle. Sleeps 1 to 3 people with third person sleeping on a cot.
- Pantagruel Superior Room: Guests enjoy view to the river, La Vienne. Desk/work area in the tower. Sleeps 1 to 4 people. Furnished with a double bed, single bed for one person, and possibility of a cot.
- Picrochole Superior Room: Offers a view to the river, La Vienne. Desk in the tower. Sleeps 1 to 3 people with third person sleeping on a cot.
- Epistemon Simple Room: These rooms are smaller and sleep one or two people.
- Gargamelle Simple Room: Smaller room for one or two people.
- Touquedillon Simple Room: Smaller room for one or two people.
While staying at the Hotel Gargantua, take advantage of your surroundings and visit the historical town of Chinon on foot. Be sure to visit the fortress, art and history museum, the Cave Paincte, and the St. Maurice church, and don’t neglect the beauty of nature.
Take time to stroll along the banks of the river Vienne. This historic hotel is a special place to stay. It’s not luxurious and not a place for the less mobile, but it does provide a once in a lifetime experience that’s comfortable and reasonable.
For more information, visit their website.