The legendary 5-star Hotel Fitz Roy in Val Thorens, France, is located at the center of the highest resort in Europe. Situated at 2,300 meters elevation, this hotel is ideally centered on the ski slopes in church square and offers a unique destinations for skiers.
5 Star Ranking
This legendary chalet has been a popular destination for skiers and others who enjoy elegance and warmth, and who also prefer luxury that is not ostentatious. The hotel was completely refurbished in 2013 and delivers all that and more and was awarded its fifth star rating following the refurbishment.
The 58 rooms and suites, luxury spa, and gourmet hotel restaurant have all been revamped to surround in intimate luxury using natural elements like stone and hardwood. The design offers a refined atmosphere that’s still friendly and reminiscent of its classic beauty.
The new décor blends regional Savoyard authenticity with the cozy refinement of a grand family chalet and makes a charming home away from home that’s both classic and contemporary.
The charm of the Hotel Fitz Roy welcomes couples, friends, and families as guests during skiing season each year. Room amenities include free Wi-fi, flat screen TVs, and state-of-the-art equipment like iPads featuring music and films which are available for a fee.
- Contemporary Classic: The contemporary classic rooms offer stunning mountain views that face the ski slopes. Décor features natural materials including wood, stone, leather, wood.
- Comfort Rooms: Comfort rooms offer a double or two twins and have a balcony which enjoys a view of the slopes or the resort. These classically appointed rooms have a bathroom with a chiseled slate basin as well as other amenities.
- Privilege Rooms: These rooms accommodate 3 to 4 people and include an adjoining sitting room. Sleeping arrangements include a double or twin beds and a sleeper sofa for 1 or 2. Balconies afford a mountain view.
- Suites: Suites are like staying in your very own chalet and offer the ideal option for larger groups. They sleep up to 6 people. They may be on one or two levels and feature family rooms perfect for gathering with friends and family. In the evening, the family room can serve as a bedroom for four people with its own shower and toilet.
- Prestige Suite: For larger groups, the Fitz Roy’s “Prestige Suite” offers the whole upper floor for private use. It includes 4 spacious rooms, each with their own bath and can accommodate 12 people. One of the rooms features a fireplace.
After a day on the slopes, guests have the opportunity to indulge in a traditional Turkish bath, sauna, and large square swimming pool that radiates a mineralized atmosphere. Beauty and health treatments and massages are also available by appointment.
Photo credits: hotelfitzroy