Golfers heading to Arkansas have 12 elite courses in 11 unique locations to choose from.
The scenic beauty of Arkansas is a natural complement to the game, and the Natural State Golf Trail with its many courses offers landscapes that range from rolling hills to hardwood forests, pristine rivers to fertile farmlands, and towering pines to mountain lakes.
Courses on the Natural State Golf Trail
- Big Creek: Big Creek opened in 2000 and has become the go-to course for serious golfers visiting Arkansas. It features white-sand bunkers, lush Zoysia grass fairways and bentgrass greens. This course is challenging yet enjoyable for all skill levels.
- Eagle Crest: Eagle Crest is one of the premier golf courses in Arkansas with one spectacular view after another. This course makes a perfect choice for beginners as well as expert golfers. They also feature an excellent practice range and putting green located adjacent to the clubhouse and have an RV park on-site for golfers who wish to stay and play.
- Glenwood: The Glenwood Country Club is located just outside Hot Springs and is one of the top golf courses in Arkansas. It offers a challenging 18-hole, par-72 layout sculpted from the surrounding woodlands. The country club provides practice facilities, a driving range, and restaurant and grill. An on-site 12-room lodge is available for group or individual rental.
- Harbor Oaks: Harbor Oaks Golf Club has been voted one of the top 10 public courses in Arkansas. This challenging par 72 course features five sets of tees which stretch from 5,182 to 7,006 yards of Tifton Bermuda fairways and mini verde greens with water on seven holes.
- Hot Springs: Hot Springs Country Club features not one but two 18-hole courses: Arlington and Park. Nearby attractions include: historic Bathhouse Row, Oaklawn Racing and Gaming, Garvan Woodland Gardens and Magic Springs Water and Theme Park.
- Mountain Ranch: Mountain Ranch is carved out of the stunning Ozark Mountain landscape and has been ranked the #1 resort golf course in Arkansas. The front nine holes offer a gentle introduction to the course, while the back nine require precision and strategy.
- Red Apple Inn: The Red Apple Inn is located on a peninsula surrounded by Greers Ferry Lake in the scenic foothills of the Ozark Mountains. This 18-hole championship course has been rated by Golf Digest as one of the 50 most scenic in the country. The Red Apple Inn also has 57 guest rooms, two restaurants, two outdoor pools, tennis courts, steam rooms and a whirlpool.
- Sage Meadows: Sage Meadows offers a wonderful combination of strategic golf and power golf to challenge players of all skill levels. With zoysia grass fairways, lush bentgrass greens, water on nine of the 18 holes and 37 sand bunkers it promises some challenging fun for every player. It is has one of the best practice facilities in Northeast Arkansas.
- Stonebridge Meadow: The Stonebridge Meadow course is a good choice for all skill levels with Bermuda fairways and bentgrass greens. They have a 13-acre practice facility and a clubhouse, too.
- Tannenbaum: The Tannenbaum Golf Course is nestled in the scenic Ozark Mountains is surrounded by the crystal-clear waters of Greers Ferry Lake. Every hole is tree lined and elevation from tee to green changes dramatically. This course offers a 10-acre facility with driving range, putting and chipping green, and practice bunker. Cabins are also available to rent.
Away from the links Arkansas has a wide range of exciting attractions waiting to be discovered along with hunting, fishing, hiking, biking and birding.