When you travel, do you bring your pets along? According to a recent TripAdvisor poll of 1,000 US animal-owners, 49% plan to travel with their pets in the next year. And more than half of those travelers (56 percent) plan to bring their animals along to the hotel.
So, where are all these pets staying? To answer that, TripAdvisor used their Popularity Index to rank the top 10 pet friendly properties in the US.
1. The Reynolds Mansion, Asheville, North Carolina ($155 average nightly rate)
2. Stony Point Bed & Breakfast, Tyrone, Pennsylvania ($81 average nightly rate)
3. Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast Inn, Montgomery Center, Vermont ($121 average nightly rate)
4. Applewood Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast, Asheville, North Carolina ($145 average nightly rate)
5. At Journey’s End Bed and Breakfast, St. Augustine, Florida ($129 average nightly rate)
6. Biltmore Village Inn, Asheville, North Carolina ($220 average nightly rate)
7. The Ruby of Crested Butte – A Luxury B&B, Crested Butte, Colorado – ($199 average nightly rate)
8. Cliffside Inn, Newport, Rhode Island ($395 average nightly rate)
9. Roughley Manor, Twentynine Palms, California ($135 average nightly rate)
10. Eureka Sunset, Eureka Springs, Arkansas ($85 average nightly rate)
All properties on this list welcome pets, though some go the extra mile to make their stay special. Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast Inn, which placed third on the list, provides bedding and toys for canine guests, and even bakes dog treats personalized with their names.
Another on the list, the Ruby of Crested Butte (#7), thinks about animals not as lucky, collecting a voluntary donation of $10 per dog per night, with all proceeds going to the local animal shelter.
ChicTravelers: Do you travel with your pets? Where do you stay? Let us know in the comments below!
photo credit: TheGiantVermin, flickr