The Great Wolf Lodge Poconos is not your typical lodge. The sprawling, four-story lodge houses a 78,000 square foot indoor water park ideal for families with kids.
To date, the Great Wolf Lodge has 11 locations in all, featuring the largest network of indoor water park resorts in the United States.
Plan to Get Wet Year Round at the Great Wolf Lodge
While many people head to the Poconos for skiing or a romantic getaway, families flock to the Great Wolf Lodge to play in the water. The artificial log siding creates the feeling of being in an old-fashioned lodge, but inside it is anything but typical.
Most of the fun centers on the indoor water park rides and attractions. In the summer months, the lodge also features a huge outdoor pool area.
Some of the favorite water rides include:
- Fort Mackenzie: A four-story interactive tree house right in the middle of the indoor water park. Kids enjoy climbing cargo nets, swinging suspension bridges, treetop slides, and the soaking spray station, but the big thrill comes when the 1,000 gallon bucket tips in the treetops.
- Double Barrel Drop: This one-of-a-kind water ride drops you into a huge vortex along with one other courageous soul. It follows a 450 degree hairpin turn before shooting you into a second vortex followed by a splash landing.
- Coyote Cannon: This is another thrill ride with a 40′ drop into a cannon bowl.
- Hydro Plunge: This water slide is like a roller coaster without wheels. A motorized track carries you to the top of the waterslide and then lets you go. It’s a 52-foot vertical drop!
- River Canyon Run: This ride is fun for the whole family as you ride in a raft together down one of the park’s signature slides.
- Slap Tail Pond: This wave pool creates waves up to 3 feet every five minutes. Get ready and grab an inner tube!.
During the winter months, the Great Wolf Lodge provides the perfect getaway with temps in the 80s and plenty of water park fun. You’ll feel like it’s summer even when it’s in the 30s outside.
If you’re looking for a splashing good time nearer to you, the Great Wolf Lodge has 11 locations in all. Other than the Poconos lodge other locations include:
- Charlotte/Concord, NC
- Cincinnati/Mason, OH
- Grand Mound, WA
- Grapevine, TX
- Kansas City, KS
- Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Pocono Mountains, PA
- Sandusky, OH
- Traverse City, MI
- Williamsburg, VA
- Wisconsin Dells, WI
For a complete list of rides and attractions or to book accommodations, visit their website. Be sure to check seasonal events, package deals, and any discounts being offered.