When we think of amazing suspension bridges, the San Francisco’s own Golden Gate bridge is typically among the first to spring to mind. In reality, though, it’s only the tenth-longest suspension bridge on earth; it’s surpassed by counterparts in Japan, China, Denmark, South Korea, England, Hong Kong and New York.
Here, a photographic rundown of some of mankind’s greatest feats to get us from point A to point B via car or plane.
1. Akashi-Kaiyiko Bridge, Kobe-Awaji Route, Japan (pictured above)
2. Xihoumen Bridge, Zhoushan Archipelago, China
3. Great Belt Bridge, Halsskov-Sprogo, Denmark
4. Yi Sun-sin Bridge, Gwangyang-Yeosu, South Korea
5. Runyang Bridge, Yangtze River, China
6. Humber Bridge, Hessle-Kingston Upon Hull, England, UK
7. Jiangyin Suspension Bridge, Yangtze River, China
8. Tsing-Ma Bridge, Tsing Yi-Ma Wan, Hong Kong
9. Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, New York City, United States
10. Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, California, United States
Photo credits: Wikipedia