Yosemite celebrates cross-country skiing every year by hosting a Nordic Holiday Race in February. This year, they’ll be celebrating the 42nd Annual Nordic Holiday Race on February 22-23, 2014. The two day event will include an 18K classic, downhill Telemark races, and 38K free-style events.
- Classic Race: This race is a fun 18K classic race open to all skiers and includes a prize for the best costume. Race registration will be held from 8:30 – 10 a.m. on Saturday with the race starting at 10:30 a.m.
- Amateur Telemark Race: The Telemark is the original style of skiing and true to its Nordic roots. This race is a downhill thrill as skiers shoot through gates for times, but when its all done and said the real goal is to have fun. Register with the race organizers. This race event starts at 1:00 p.m. on the NASTAR course.
- Amateur Telemark Race: A second Telemark race is offered on Sunday.
- Glacier Point and Back “Freestyle” Race: This 38km skate race takes skiers to amazing Glacier Point and back! Registration for this race will be held from 8:00 to 8:30 a.m. with the race starting at 9:00 a.m.
- Junior Races (for kids 18 and under): This race features a junior loop of about 10 km. It takes skiers to Bridalveil Campground and back. Kids under 10 years old should be accompanied by an adult.
This event is designed with competitive crosscrountry skiers in mind and is also a place for XC skiers to meet others with similar interests and join the fun.
The $50 adult registration fee ($40 pre-registration until 2/8/2014) includes admittance to all three races and a ½ day lift ticket and entry to the evening awards party. Junior registration is $30 race day ($20 pre-registration). Awards parties are held Saturday and Sunday evenings.