San Diego is one of America’s most visited cities. It’s hard not to be loved with an average rainfall of just 12 inches per year, average temperatures of 57-72 degrees, palm tree lined coasts, and a community of enthusiastic, passionate Californiates.
If you’re visiting, here’s a list of 10 popular stops in San Diego:
1. San Diego Zoo: With over 3,700 animals including the elusive giant panda, you’ll have a roaring good time here. Single day passes cost $44.
2. Sunset Cliffs Nature Park: Visit this city park for a view of Point Loma’s dramatic coastline, abrupt cliff walls, wildflowers, and diverse wildlife.
3. San Diego Museum Month: In February, visit museums, historical sites, cultural centers and educational centers for half price.
4. La Jolla Cove: Explore this seaside community by paddle or on two wheels. Rent a kayak or a bike with La Jolla Kayaks for $30/day.
5. Old Town: Known as the birthplace of California, this old town is filled with historical sites and the most haunted house in America, the Whaley House.
6. Gaslamp Quarter: The dining, shopping, and entertainment district of San Diego. Taste San Diego’s finest American cuisine at Searsucker Restaurant.
7. Mission Bay: Learn to sail in this gorgeous saltwater lagoon with Mission Bay Aquatic Center. Courses starting at $155.
8. New Children’s Museum: Stimulate your imagination and creativity at this interactive and kid friendly indoor retreat. Tickets cost $10.
9. The Pearl: Stay at this budget friendly boutique hotel in the Gaslamp Quarter for modern luxury and a lively social scene. Rooms starting at $99.
10. Museum of Contemporary Art – Downtown: Discover modern art in the historical, renovated Santa Fe Depot baggage building. The MCASD features minimalism and Pop Art of the 1950s and 60s. $10 entrance; free on the third Thursday of each month.
Photo Source: Flickr/cindydevin