The Windy City is not only a great place to grab a slice of deep dish pizza and watch a Cubs game, there are also many great kid-friendly attractions around town. We’ve narrowed it down to the 5 best kid attractions in Chicago to give you the best idea of what to do with your family when visiting this one-of-a-kind place.
1. Navy Pier - Aside from the great views of Lake Michigan from the end of this famous pier, the Navy Pier is also home to the Chicago Children’s Museum and the Pier Park, where kids can ride the Ferris Wheel, the Musical Carousel, or the Wave Swinger before playing with remote control boats or trying their putting skills on the miniature golf course.
2. Shed Aquarium - A few hours at an aquarium is enough to tire any kid out, and the Shed Aquarium will do just that. Great exhibits year round and interactive areas make this attraction a must-see for kids and adults alike.
3. Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum - Kids will have fun while they learn at this hands-on museum. Kids can touch live animals found in Indiana waterways, and enter into a butterfly haven to see various types of butterflies up close.
4. Skydeck Chicago - For the daredevil kids in your family, take a trip to the Skydeck Chicago for the best views of the city. Step out onto The Ledge for a once in a lifetime photo opportunity with the whole family.
5. Chicago Children’s Theater - Well-known for adult theater productions put on in the theater district, Chicago is also home to a children’s theater. Introduce children to the wonderful world of theater by catching a show at this buzzworthy attraction.
Photo source: Choose Chicago