Splashtown San Antonio is a family waterpark that promises fun for the guests of all ages.
With more than 50 rides and attractions, Splashtown offers 20 acres of cool, clean water excitement just three minutes from downtown. The park is open seasonally April until September and this year celebrates its 30th anniversary.
What’s Free and What’s Not
Rafts, tubes, and parking are all free. Restrooms with shower facilities are also available. The Park doesn’t allow outside food or beverages inside the park, but they do have a shaded picnic area located right next to the front gate. However, no alcoholic beverages or drinks in glass containers are allowed.
A couple other things you’ll want to know before you arrive are that pets are not allowed in the park, and personal flotation devices are subject to park approval before they can be used. For those with little ones, swim diapers are required.
Splashtown Attractions for Kids
Of the more than 50 rides and attractions at Splashtown, 25 of them are designed with little ones in mind.
A few of the favorites include:
- Siesta Del Rio: This relaxing ride is everyone’s favorite. It’s a tree-line waterway that winds through the park for a leisurely cool floating siesta. Kids under 42 inches tall must be accompanied by an adult.
- Kid’s Kove: Children must be under 48 inches tall to play in the shallow water complex of Kid’s Kove. Interactive play elements like the Kids Lazy River and the Kids Starflight are scaled down to just-the-right size for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Crystal Falls: This stunning shallow lagoon features a series of rocky waterfalls and slides with water-curtains adding to the fun. Children under 42 inches tall must be accompanied by an adult.
- Starflight: This popular slide rises more than five stories high and includes two double twisted tubes. Kids must be 42 inches tall to ride.
- The Luge: The Lonestar Luge spans more than two football fields in length and is seven stories high. This ride offers two paths and carries up to three people at a time on a large bob-sled type vehicle. Kids must be 42 inches tall to ride.
You can enjoy your time at Splashtown in one of their Private Cabanas which are conveniently located next to the Wave Pool and Kid’s Kove. They provide covered shade, lounge chairs, table with chairs, and a storage chest for personal items plus hostess service for you and your guests.